This is where you can find some of the most utilized programs and those with the highest participation. If you need assistance finding the agency that serves the county you live in, which program(s) you should apply for, or general questions about Community Action, you may reach out to us by visiting our Contact Us page.

CAPAI does not process application(s) or provide direct services. To apply for assistance or for program-specific questions, please contact the agency that provides services in your county from Our Members page.

Aquí es donde puedes encontrar algunos de los programas más utilizados y con mayor participación. Si necesita ayuda para encontrar la agencia de su condado, programas o asistencia para usted, o si tiene preguntas sobre Community Action, visite nuestra página Contáctenos.

CAPAI no procesa solicitudes ni brinda servicios directos. Para solicitar asistencia o si tiene preguntas sobre los programas, comuníquese con la agencia de su condado desde la página Nuestros Miembros.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program

This program provides emergency food, including United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) commodities, to each state. The state then coordinates with local Emergency Feeding Organizations (EFOs) to distribute the emergency food to eligible households through local food banks, food pantries and soup kitchens. This assistance is intended to be a supplement; typically the products distributed to each household provide between three and five days of food.

The types of food available for distribution depend on agricultural market conditions and may include canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, beans, tuna, peanut butter and occasionally frozen protein products such as chicken.

Family Size
Annual Income LimitMonth Income Limit3-Month Income Limit
Each Addition Members$11,800.00$983.33$2,950.00

Application Requirements

Individuals or household members applying for food assistance must reside in the state of Idaho at the time they apply for assistance. Some agencies may require additional documentation. If you would like to learn more about this program, eligibility, or food bank locations, please visit Our Members page to find the agency that serves your county. You may call your local agency or visit their website for more information.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

To apply, please download and complete the application below. You can use the ‘Find Your Local Agency’ button to reach out to your local agency for instructions on how to submit your application.

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to assist low-income Idahoans, particularly those that pay a high proportion of household income on home energy costs, meet their home energy needs. This program assists eligible individuals and families with home heating costs, avoid disconnection and maintain a warm and safe home during the winter months. Additionally, those that are facing an emergency situation can apply for Crisis Assistance year-round (as funding allows). To apply for regular LIHEAP or for emergency assistance, you may use the ‘Apply Now’ button below to apply online or ‘Find Your Local Agency’ to reach out to the agency that serves your county for questions or assistance. If you download and complete a paper application, please reach out to your local agency for instructions on how to submit your application.

The Low-Income Home Water Assistance Program

The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency relief service which provides assistance to eligible households with their water and wastewater bills. Those that are eligible for LIHEAP meet the eligibility requirements for LIHWAP as well. Eligible individuals and families may apply by completing the LIHEAP application online using the ‘Apply Now’ button or downloading the paper application. To submit the paper application or receive application assistance, please use the ‘Find Your Local Agency’ button to find the agency that serves your county.

Family Size
Annual Income LimitMonth Income Limit3-Month Income Limit
150% of the Poverty Income Guidelines
Each Additional Member$7,080.00$590.00$1,770.00

Application Requirements

  • Name & Birth Dates for All Household Members
  • Social Security Number / Verification of US Citizenship, US Nationality, Legal Permanent Residency, or Qualified Alien Status for all Household Members
  • Gross Income for all Household Members (Wage Stubs, Award Letters, ect.)
  • Proof of Current Address
  • For Energy Assistance: Electricity Vendor Name & Account Number (Electricity/Utility Bill)
  • For Water Assistance: Primary Provider & Account Number (Water & Wastewater Bill)

Weatherization Assistance

This year-round program, for both renters and homeowners, offers long-term solutions to help save on energy bills, as well as financial and maintenance assistance when home units need to be serviced. This program focuses on reducing energy use, reducing health and safety issues and making it easier for families to heat their homes in cold months. To apply for the Weatherization program, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below or download the LIHEAP application. For more information on Weatherization, to find out if you are eligible, or for application assistance or instructions on submitting the paper application, please click the ‘Find Your Local Agency’ button to contact the agency that serves your county. If you live in a county served by either Community Council of Idaho or Western Idaho Community Action Partnership, please contact Metro Community Services for your weatherization needs.

Family Size
Annual Income LimitMonth Income Limit
8 (150% FPL)$93,260.00$7,771.67
Each Additional Member$9,440.00$768.67

Application Requirements

  • Names & Birth Dates for all Household Members
  • Social Security Number / Verification of US Citizenship, US Nationality, Legal Permanent Residency, or Qualified Alien Status for all Household Members
  • Gross Income for all Household Members (Wage Stubs, Award Letters, etc.)
  • Electricity Vendor Name & Account Number (Electricity/Utility Bill)
  • For Renters: Owner & Renter Agreement
  • For Homeowners: Proof of Ownership
  • Complete & Sign an Application

Community Services Block Grant

The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) works to empower individuals and families in need. CSBG is administered by the state to local Community Action Agencies working to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in Idaho communities. With the support of CSBG funding, Idaho’s Community Action Network work toward common goals, such as:

  • Helping low-income community members become more self-sufficient
  • Improving the conditions in which low-income community members live
  • Helping low-income community members own a stake in their community
  • Encouraging partnerships among supporters and providers of services for low-income community members
  • Increasing agencies’ capacity to achieve results
  • Helping low-income community members, especially vulnerable populations, achieve their potential by strengthening family and other supportive systems

Idaho Community Action Agencies utilize CSBG funds for a variety of programs and services to best support and build their communities. To learn more about services and assistance you may qualify for, please click the ‘Find Your Local Agency’ button below to find the agency that serves your county. You may visit your agency’s website or call for more information and guidance.

Family Size
Annual Income LimitMonth Income Limit3-Month Income Limit
Each Addition Members$9,440.00$786.67$2,360.00

Application Requirements

You will need to provide information related to your household circumstances. This can include who lives in your household, the amount of income received by household members and demographic information.